The leaders on the panel are:
- EMPOWERING THROUGH COLLABORATION: Ellen Belknap, SMRT. As President of SMRT and Leader of the firm’s Healthcare Practice Sector, Ellen has taken the concept of collaboration to new levels. Ellen is recognized for her skills in facilitating large group efforts to achieve the best result for all concerned. Her collaborative approach has been effective in demonstrating how openness and a willingness to collaborate with multiple stakeholders can work to everyone’s advantage. She empowers project teams through integrated project delivery so that all parties are aligned to achieve a project’s success.
- EMPOWERING THROUGH INNOVATION: Pete Vigue, Cianbro. As Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Cianbro Companies, Pete has empowered his leadership team to think outside of the box in pursuing new strategic markets and geographies. His leadership transformed Cianbro into one of the United States’ largest, most diverse, successful, open shop, 100% employee-owned, construction companies, presently operating in over forty states and employing 4,000 team members in diversified markets including module manufacturing, fabrication & coating, maintenance and construction for the marine, petrochemical, and refining industries, as well as electrical transmission and distribution construction, building, industrial maintenance, power generation and transportation markets.
- EMPOWERING THROUGH STRATEGY: Doug McKeown, Woodard & Curran. In his 20+-year career at Woodard & Curran (currently CEO and Chairman), Doug has demonstrated a commitment to driving business success through effective strategic direction. As an engineer with an MBA, he understands both the technical components of the AEC industry as well as the business drivers that firms must respond to in order to be successful. He was Woodard & Curran’s first Director of Marketing before taking the helm as Manager of the Operations & Management Business Center until 2007, when he was appointed as CEO. Since then, the firm has nearly doubled in annual sales volume and headcount, and has grown into an integrated engineering, science, and operations firm that is nationally recognized for solving clients’ complex infrastructure challenges. Doug was selected as the 2015 Mainebiz Business Leader of the Year in the large firm category.
The panel will be moderated by Mike Reilly, FSMPS, of Reilly Communications. Mike works with professional service clients on strategy, message, media relations and content marketing. He is an adjunct professor teaching public relations at the College of Communication at Boston University; he also teaches Leadership Presence for mid-career students at BU’s Center for Professional Education. A past national president and Boston Chapter president of SMPS, Mike is a contributing editor to the journal Marketer and a past president of the Massachusetts Building Congress.
As a participant attending this session you will learn:
management and motivational techniques;
individual and group dynamics;
leadership and team-building principles;
sustainability and industry trends; and
building high-performance teams linked to key client groups.
Wednesday, May, 13, 2015 from 4:30 PM to 7:30 PM
Food, Drinks, and Networking
Proceed to the garage attached to the Abromson Center at 88 Bedford Street and then walk to the Wishcamper Center at 34 Bedford Street.
Here’s the website for directions:
Hors d’oeuvres and 2 Drink Tickets included
Need Hotel Accommodations?
Call and ask for the special rate under the room block “SMPS”, only a limited number of rooms are available. Deadline to book is May 8th.
– The Portland Harbor Hotel , $139 +tax. Reservations (207) 775-9090. Located in the heart of Old Port, this is the choice hotel for luxury standards. Take advantage of this discount!
– Clarion Hotel, $98 +tax. Reservations (207) 774-5611. 1230 Congress St, Portland. The Clarion also offers a shuttle service for guests.
If you need additional assistance on lodging please contact Jessica Kandel at email@example.com or 207-416-9408